TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR WEB PORTAL DESIGN, DEVELOPMENT AND MAINTENANCE
“Promoting Community-based Agritourism as a Rural Regeneration Strategy”
EU funded “Promoting Community-based Agritourism as a Rural Regeneration Strategy” project (hereinafter referred as “the Project”), implemented by Local Governance Assistance” Public Union is seeking a company / consultant to develop their web portal and to provide web portal maintenance services.
The project will use this platform to raise awareness on agritourism issues among tourists, as well as to provide resource availability among smallholder farmers, MSMEs interested in agritourism/tourism and other interested parties.
The main objectives of the creation of a web portal dedicated to agritourism is following:
· Be a resource on agritourism in Azerbaijan.
· Help to get information about the agritourism destinations including historical, architectural and ethnographic landmarks of each region.
· Provide a platform for interaction and information sharing among all those interested in agritourism/tourism.
· Promote community-based agritourism and continuing professional development in the rural areas.
· Raise awareness of general public on issues related to agritourism.
SCOPE OF WORK
The hired company / consultant will be required to create (design, develop, test, implement and maintain) a web platform within the designated timeline which meets the following criteria:
Features of the web portal
· Home page with a graphic element giving an overview of the project and its main components;
· About us – will contain a brief information and photos about our organization, main goal and mission of the project.
- Regions – allows information about the agritourism destinations including historical, architectural and ethnographic landmarks of each region
· Announcements: This section will give information about the upcoming events, sales and special offers.
· Section of news: News archive, information about upcoming events; press announcements.
· Virtual map: The section will give an access to get wide information about the regions that are differentiated by special colors by clicking on them.
· Farms: In this part users will get information about the agritourism farms.
· Contact: The section will provide all contact information of organization.
· Additional web links: (links to other relevant websites, both national and international, also social media accounts)
The contracted firm / individual should provide the following:
1. Web Portal design
1.1. Interactive, appealing, highly user-friendly and responsive web design;
1.2. Average site load-time should be reasonable;
1.3. Able to render appropriately on a wide variety of different browsers, optimized for tablet and smartphones, and remote places (low connection);
1.4. Social Network Integration;
1.5. Site Statistics/Management Reports: The solution should provide authorized users with a number of relevant reports, for example site usage, key interests/topics being discussed within the collaborative spaces and other relevant statistical data.
2. Web Portal maintenance:
2.1. Web site content updates: the contracted web development company will be responsible for any technical problems of website during upload of content;
2.2. The contracted web development company will maintain full backup of the web site through the duration of the contract. The backup, code and source files will be delivered in full to client on closing of the contract.
2.3. The contracted company / consultant will have an automated testing system that checks for broken hyperlinks on the site.
The contracted company will also be responsible for the purchase of domain name and hosting for the website.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The company /consultant should demonstrate and provide examples of previous experience in the performance of similar services as follows:
• Be a reputable firm with at least 7 years of prior experience designing visually appealing and navigation friendly web sites;
• Have a broad knowledge of current web development technologies and design tools in the field, and new software and other web programming languages and programs including use of HTML, XHTML, CSS, XML, XSLT, Macromedia Flash, Java;
• Have excellent knowledge of recent trends in graphic design, web sites, including online video publishing, and social media networking;
• Demonstrate the ability to create innovative and visually appealing design.
If you have the required qualifications and are interested in this contract, please submit:
- A proposal describing the previous work done in this area;
- A portfolio of previous work of webs with similar functionalities developed;
- A financial proposal to address the work.
The lump-sum fee which you propose for the consultancy should indicate the breakdown of all costs (website hosting, design and maintenance).
The proposals received will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
a. Profile and experience of the company 40%
b. Professional capacity and experience of professionals assigned 40% c. Accessibility and proximity of the support team 10%
d. Pricing 10%
The deadline for submissions is COB, 27th of January 2019. All proposals should be submitted to [email protected] . Please mention “Web Portal design, development and maintenance proposal” in the subject line.